Re: [OM] Chalk Lake B&W again

Subject: Re: [OM] Chalk Lake B&W again
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 21:32:19 -0800

On 2/18/2011 10:05 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Nevertheless, that shot needs a black border.

I rather agree with both of you. The huge, white border against black is too
much for my eyes, too, with many images.
Yet clear separation, especially for tonally subtle B&W like this, is necessary.

How about something more sophisticated?
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/AG/Footbridge-trees_border.htm>

I'm not saying this is necessarily the answer, (and not quite symmetrical) but
perhaps it might point in the direction
of one. 'Twere me, I'd probably also take a look at a slightly thinner white
part of the frame.

I really do think the image is easier to really "see" this way.

Moose in the Middle