Re: [OM] Race ya to the top

Subject: Re: [OM] Race ya to the top
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 19:00:32 -0500 (EST)
CG writes:
   That's interesting Mike, I've had the same experience. We have a
Guinea
pig that loves parsley so I grow a lot of it to keep him happy. My crop
gets
invaded at least once a year by these same creatures. They take their
cut
and move on then the parsley comes back.
   I have to agree with Chuck, in an otherwise nice photo the white
balance
seems off.

Thanks,  I did notice the blue cast.  I did partially adjust it but
didn't like the full adjustment effects on the background. (You should
see the original scan)
It was in deep shadow late in the day under clear skies--shadows are a
bit blue then, No?  Still it doesn't just look  correct.
I likely should have adjusted the 'pillars and background separately.
Seems this is an issue common with Ektar 100 with shadows going
blue---I think especially when scanned on the Frontier.  Never had an
issue like this  with UC 100.

http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00X9wb

Many, many  reports of this problem in the shadows--may be due to the
saturation of the film that amps up the colors .
Perhaps a scanning fix is in order.  Appreciate the nudge.

I will try and grow more parsley as to have more  to share.  Good idea,
thanks.

More color casts,  Mike (sigh)