Re: [OM] QR plate recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] QR plate recommendation
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 17:21:49 -0600
> "Induce"? It's the camera that induces the vibrations. The support system may
> enhance/exacerbate or tend to absorb/damp,
> but it doesn't start it. (Except for wind, which has nothing to do with the
> QR plate.)

Well, OK. So I used the wrong term. Exacerbate would have been the
better choice, but that has too many syllables and would induce the
shakes had I tried to incorporate it. Especially today since I'm in a
bit of an irritable mood.

Regardless, the plate itself seems to bond well with the camera and
tripod head and is fine enough for long-wave vibration, but not the
high-frequency vibration and shock as triggered by the shutter itself.

Alas, this might get us off into a dark alley discussing tripods themselves.

AG