Re: [OM] Some OM500mm shots today

Subject: Re: [OM] Some OM500mm shots today
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 10:26:19 +0800
Thanks for looking and the praise, Mike. I used viewfinder to focus, there
was simply not enough time for one to focus with liveview, the birds were
moving very fast. I did compare my viewfinder focus with liveview, it was
very accurate. Focus with 500mm lens (with the standard focusing screen) is
not too difficult with still objects but shooting bird need some luck.

The birds were not far away, around 15-35 feet. At ISO 320-800 I only use
1/4 power at most (in manual mode). It was a little difficult in making a
balance between flash and ambient, I had to change the shutter/GN/ISO
frequently according to the ambient light and sometimes messed up.

Zuiko 500 is a great performer. I once had a Sig 600, I didn't have a clear
picture on how it performs in the film age but it was generally ok.

C.H.Ling