Re: [OM] Fw: On Approach

Subject: Re: [OM] Fw: On Approach
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 10:01:48 -0000
No link, John!

It's currently on the NASA homepage, but the full-size image is here:

http://tinyurl.com/48zy8tg

In a departure from normal service, I was going to call in the apostrophe
squad to determine whether piggy-backing a camera on an astronomical
telescope would meet the definition of a telephoto, but an 8.5 inch Newton
(except in the case of a miniature physicist) does indeed appear to be the
optical equivalent of a mirror lens. :-)

But only 8.5 inches?  See this homebuilt leviathan:

http://www.cruxis.com/scope/scope1070.htm

Piers