Re: [OM] Zeiss Diascope

Subject: Re: [OM] Zeiss Diascope
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 14:18:31 -0500
The simplest way of using a camera with a scope is to focus the scope
for your eye (presumably producing parallel rays out the eyepiece which
mimics infinity) and then (somehow) fasten the camera with lens focused
at infinity such that it's near touching the eyepiece.  Not the best way
but it works.  One can also remove the lens from the camera and use the
focus of the eyepiece to project an image onto the sensor.  But you need
some way of blocking extraneous light.

Chuck Norcutt