Re: [OM] If one could dream...

Subject: Re: [OM] If one could dream...
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 18:34:10 +0200
Duh. The 90/2.0 Macro emits energy that internally illuminate
objects with an Aura-istic glow of happiness.

Ok, seriously now. The glow is really real. Not like "Leica Glow"
which the old Leitz lenses have due to spherical aberration, but
something else... It's as if subtle light is caught on the subject
which was not apparent to the naked eye. Could it be something to do
with the spectrum of light transmitted? Or some polarisation-type
of effect due to some unique coatings? The lens does have a totally
unique optical formula, from what I can see.

Even images taken in totally flat lighting often have it, like this one
(shared here before) taken in absolute overcast:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/313/4/5/Flower_Bubble_Girl_by_philosomatographer.jpg

I shot my Canon EF 100 2.8 Macro to death, and never saw this. A fine
lens -
resolution-wise - but never saw this subtle lighting effect, which I
see all the time
with my Zuiko 90.

D.