Re: [OM] If one could dream...

Subject: Re: [OM] If one could dream...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:02:47 -0800
On 3/5/2011 4:50 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Just FYI, as I recall, when I mated a 90 macro with my OM 4Ti, it frequently
> didn't work, and hung up the works so I couldn't shoot unless I dismounted
> the lens and remounted it. It was long enough ago that I don't recall the
> particulars of the problem, but I wasn't the only one having it.

As John has pointed out, it's almost certainly a simply mechanical misalignment
between the actuation lever in the
camera and the diaphragm tab on the lens. I've had that problem on a couple of
lenses over the years, although no Zuikos
that I can recall. Moments to fix with small needle nose pliers or some such
tool.

I don't know if I ever use my 90/2 on the 4Ti, but I certainly used it on a
couple of plain 4 bodies, which are
mechanically identical. I had optical issues with it, but not mechanical.

> I wound up using it almost exclusively on my OM-2n. I don't know if the 4Ti
> issues would be replicated with the 3Ti, as they are much different cameras.

Not that part.

Moose