Re: [OM] Where can I get prints of my pictures with a perfect color matc

Subject: Re: [OM] Where can I get prints of my pictures with a perfect color matching?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 18:45:35 -0800
On 3/8/2011 1:15 PM, David Irisarri wrote:
> I have come to live to NJ

Wow! Welcome.

> and my future mother-in-law is asking me where she can get printed the
> pictures I took the other day from her granddaughter. I
> would like to find a place that can print them with perfect color matching
> and great quality. I know of several places in Spain but I don't know which
> are the best labs in USA.
>
> She specially wants this picture I took with the Olympus E-P1.
> http://zuiko.smugmug.com/photos/1204931599_oTT6C-X3.jpg
> This picture has a high contrast and I want it to be printed with this tonal
> curve.

Wow again. That is gorgeous! What a great pose.

The child is perfect for exposure and tonality, as you say. Were it me, I'd be
softening and toning down the bright,
slightly edgy background, so nothing pulls the eye away from the subject. I'd
also consider a tiny bit of clean-up of
what appears to be dried food or a slight rash on her left cheek.

Wish I could help with the printing. I know some folks here find a local place
with a Fuji Frontier printer, get the
printer profile for it, output profiled image files for printing and tell the
shop not to make any adjustments. AG and
others use Millers in the Midwest, a huge pro printing operation. As I recall,
they also have profiles available,
although others here have said their printing even without them is excellent.

> Hope you like it.

Oh, Yeah!

Moose