Re: [OM] F2 Zuikos + Ilford Pan F = Happiness

Subject: Re: [OM] F2 Zuikos + Ilford Pan F = Happiness
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 10:57:26 +0200
On 09 Mar 2011, at 5:53 AM, Moose wrote:

> On 3/8/2011 1:37 AM, Dawid Loubser wrote:
>> I am having a ball shooting my favourite film  . . .
>>
>> 21mm:
>> http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/067/7/3/graham_plus_tequila_by_philosomatographer-d3b6aki.jpg
>> http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/066/5/9/hartebeespoort_art_gallery_by_philosomatographer-d3b42eg.jpg
>
> I'll happily admit to some failing, but as a result, I just don't
> 'get' these. I'd have been focusing the 250 on the
> other end of the room. Not art perhaps, but I'd enjoy looking at it
> more. ;-)

Moose, I don't need the 250mm to focus on my wife, I could just get
her to move closer :-) But your comments are
fair enough though, both are just snapshots.

>> 250mm:
>> http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/066/d/0/ready_to_stab_by_philosomatographer-d3b429m.jpg
>
> I like this one.
>
>> http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/066/4/f/cheetah___glow_by_philosomatographer-d3b42gb.jpg
>
> Wow, is that a wild animal park, where they don't keep their
> distance? The coyote I shot a few weeks ago with 300mm
> still required a big crop. Nice capture!

Thanks. Yes, this was on a game drive where there was no physical
separation between us in the vehicle and
the wild animals, which in some cases came very close. It was very
hard to hand-hold the 250 while standing up
in the cramped vehicle to frame this one, as well as focus the 4kg
beast with my thumb and forefinger cradled
under the lens, but it worked out in the end. I'm going to print this
one big sometime.

>> http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/066/2/2/reeds_by_philosomatographer-d3b42k9.jpg
>
> I like this one.

I also like the minimalism of this one. At large size, this one
certainly illustrates the 250's corner resolution
and lack of flare wide open, I can tell you that... :-)

>> http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/067/e/9/brown_hyena_by_philosomatographer-d3b6a9f.jpg
>
> Looks like an old dog that has grown a beard so as to become a 19th
> century poet, banker or whaler. :-)

This was an extremely sleepy Brown Hyena (they are nocturnal animals)
which makes it look even
older and more beat-up.

>> http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/067/4/3/wild_dogs_feeding_closeup_by_philosomatographer-d3b6ap1.jpg
>
> I don't get this one either. A crop around the paw might be nice.

Just another snapshot. This was in one of the rehabilitation camps,
feeding of wild dogs.
I don't get it either, but there you have it :-)