Re: [OM] OM to EOS adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM to EOS adapter
From: Frank Wijsmuller <wijsmuller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 21:47:39 +0100
Hi Olli,
I currently use a cheap AF adapter with my OM zuiko's on a 5D. And have some
cheaper non-AF versions as well.
It works OK. Earlier experience is that the cheaper adapters have more
variation as to the amount of play. I've never encountered an adapter which
didn't lock, however. The immediate closure of the diaphragm is caused by a
small pin pointing inwards in the adapter. I think many adapters have one
(all of mine). Sometimes it is a screw, and can be removed. Then you have to
use the lens button to stop down. Anyway don't assume to quick that cheap
adapters don't lock and don't close the diaphragm ;-).
Good luck, regards, Frank.
PS You won't get Olympus colors out of a 5D, and I'm not very impressed with
the auto white balance either. But as I shoot RAW, it can easily be fixed.
Exposure is reasonable, but depends with some lenses on the diaphragm. You
have to be willing to experiment I guess. And to be honest, I have a 43
system when I want dependable auto focus or expect the need for agile
shooting...