Re: [OM] If one could dream...

Subject: Re: [OM] If one could dream...
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:53:33 -0500
Tangentially on topic: I just took possession of an Amazon Kindle, and have
enjoyed two books to date, and am in the middle of two more. One of the
wonderful features of the device is that the reader has but to move a cursor to
the beginning of a word, and the definition of that word is displayed at either
the top of bottom of the page. Hit the back key and the definition disappears.

But to the point: two of the books are mysteries set in the Scottish Highlands,
and even such terms as gillie and scunner are to be found in the dictionary. I
can't wait to re-read some Anita Brookner on the Kindle, as I long ago gave up
reaching for dictionaries with her prose and took mostly to trying to
understand from context. <g>

--Bob