Re: [OM] OT: Tsunami

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Tsunami
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 23:13:56 +0000
On 15/03/2011 22:56, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Hey, lots of rockets never made/make it off the pad.<g>
>
> Isn't there just a smidge of hubris in the suggestion that somehow we mere
> mortals not only can muck up nature, but also are up to matching wits with it?
>
> --Bob

Hubris IS the Human Condition.

Never forget, it was the little microbes that f*cked the Martians in War
of the Worlds. And there are always snags in any technology.

A very famous son-of-a-bitch once talked about 'unknowns' and 'knowns',
and there are a whole load of known unknowns about nature and nuclear
technology. Or are they unknown knowns?

Who knows?

D. (Pass the malt...)

--