Re: [OM] OT: Tsunami

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Tsunami
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:53:22 +1100
I was just reading about all that again while rereading the Black Swan thesis.
It made perfect sense to me at the time and I found the criticism facile and
ignorant. (This does not mean that I'm a Rumsfeld fan - just engaging in civil
debate here).  In fact I was disappointed that he left out 'unknown knowns' -
the things that we don't realise that we actually do know.
There's a good analysis of the quote and its history here -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_are_known_knowns

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx