Re: [OM] camera raw 6.3

Subject: Re: [OM] camera raw 6.3
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 14:31:02 -0300
Chuck .... thanks for that.

I have high res neg and tranny scans right off the scanner saved as TIFF
files opened up in the Camera Raw 6.3 window right within PS CS5. The
luminance and other four sliders look to be quite effective in reducing
granular noise ........ my term including the tiny polka dot effect which
becomes quite evident when magnifying solid colours, such as "blue" skies,
taken from older negs and slides. I shall have to experiment. I have
numerous negs and slides [not K25/64 :-(] taken 20 years ago on the Oregon
coast which are showing slight evidence of colour degredation. These ACR
sliders look to be just the trick in helping reduce that polka dot effect.

Would an increase in the ISO rating from 80 to say 200 on your [mere 12MP
!?] p&s have generated even more noise ?

jh