Re: [OM] Let's go crazy!

Subject: Re: [OM] Let's go crazy!
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 16:14:48 +1100
Tomorrow I have to shoot a new boiler in a dingy factory storage area, before
it's loaded on the truck for delivery. It's  2.5m high and 2m wide (about
8ftx6ft), curved and made of dull stainless steel so it'll pick up dull colour
reflections from everywhere and any flash will cause hot spots. I'll be in
control of focus, the lighting rig will take about two hours and I will NOT be
using my M4! That'd be no fun at all. Digital will allow me to experiment -
like firing a big strip flash through a large sheet of bubble wrap instead of a
white drop - no idea what will happen with that. Joy is not always a
consideration.

First time I've had a model that needed a forklift to position her although I
have shot a couple of old boilers in the past. :-)
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx