Re: [OM] Prices for Ilford Ilfochrome dark room stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] Prices for Ilford Ilfochrome dark room stuff
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 17:05:27 -0000
Olli, there is now little choice for users of photo-chemical paper, and not
much at all for Cibachrome/Ilfochrome.

BUT

A UK dealer is still advertising P30 for sale (A 2-litre kit costs GBP112)
here: http://tinyurl.com/6dfwlh4 while it is only Euro75 in France:
http://tinyurl.com/4pvyva6

There is a brief discussion of the shelf-life on Ilford's forum here
http://tinyurl.com/689qngk and another posting on that site asking for
sources of supply - but it was four years ago. As it happens, the person who
asked is a LUGger in UK, I could try to put you in contact with him.

Although B&H say that the manufacturer has discontinued P-30, the UK
distributor still has it in their pricelist (but you have to look hard for
it).  The same price list has 100 sheets 10x8 paper for GBP160 and 10 sheets
of 12x16 paper for GBP60 - but in both cases the grade is CLM1K Deluxe
Glossy Med Contrast (the only grade listed), not CLM1M RC Pearl.  The prices
at the French site are comparable to UK, and also CLM1K only.

Maybe you could try a listing on APUG?  Or on a Large Format forum, for
possible use in-camera? It sounds like there ought to be demand.

Piers