Re: [OM] fungus

Subject: Re: [OM] fungus
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 01:00:36 +0800 (UTC)
Hi John,

> Got this through SPT recently.  Store your camera kits in a nice dry
> place.  This picture shows a Canon EOS 30D,  where fungus started to
> grown on the BACK of the IR filter.

> http://www.cameracheckpoint.com.au/picture_library/TestView.JPG

I've seen better cobwebs than that in Zuiko's, but I havent yet
seen a sensor that looks like that. Queensland or NSW ?

It's so hot and humid at present, 30-35C and up to 90% humidity with
no rain is not unusual here at present in Perth Western Australia,
and summer is suppost to have finished a while ago.  I still havent
unpacked my OM bodies or lens collection, sticking to just an
E450 and 12-60 until the humidity eases off.

I suspect there will be many fungus problems across Australia
due to all the flooding, from the West through to the East coast
of Australia.

Cheers
Ian Manners
This message transmitted from a 100% Microsoft free system.