Re: [OM] fungus

Subject: Re: [OM] fungus
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 07:22:20 -0400
Or you can forget the hassle of using silica gel and simply install a
small, low power heating element made for gun cabinets like this one:
<http://www.amazon.com/Browning-Safe-Accessories/dp/B0013RBD5K>
This is an 18" long heater rod rated at 12 watts.  Put it in your own
cabinet that is relatively well sealed to avoid significant air exchange
with air from outside the cabinet.  All you really need is some form of
small heater to raise the temperature and lower the relative humidity.
I suspect a small 13 watt CFL bulb would do the same at lower cost.

Chuck Norcutt