Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Tulip - Jim N.

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Tulip - Jim N.
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 10:08:51 -0500
Hi Chuck and C.H.,

The images that I post are placed in the Leica Users Group (LUG) gallery,
which will accept either tiff or jpeg images.  The tiff image files are much
larger than the jpegs, hence I concluded that they contained more details,
etc.  In looking at the images that I have posted recently, the tiff images
"appear to me" to be of better quality.  Perhaps this is just a perception
that I have.  For that reason, I have sometimes resisted changing them to
8-bit for final touch up.

Am I mistaken?  Do our monitors and prints show only what would exist in an
8-bit image?  I'm not enough of a techie to know how to evaluate this.

I also save all of my RAW files, so I can, and sometimes do start over when
I don't like my work in post-processing.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA