Re: [OM] Big White on Fred Miranda

Subject: Re: [OM] Big White on Fred Miranda
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 16:24:35 EDT

In a message dated 3/26/2011 3:04:00 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
olymoose@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I went  to Japan for 10 days in 1960. Exchange rate $1 = 360 Yen. For about
$200, I  bought train tickets, some of my
food, etc. and came back with a Mamiya 16  camera, 8x50 binoculars, Sony
transistor radio (a quite new thing back then)
and gifts for the family.

The exchange rate of $ for 'stuff' was  also much better in the US back
then than now.  :-)

I was there in '68 and don't remember exactly what a Kirin beer, large
plate of raw oysters or a bath and massage cost, however it wasn't much.

The Bronica kit wasn't very expensive either.  Great memories of both
experiences.

Bill Barber