Re: [OM] Late Winter Zig-Zag

Subject: Re: [OM] Late Winter Zig-Zag
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 15:27:26 -0500
> Hummmm . . . good composition, and technique, but not my cuppa. Looks
> overexposed to me, though when you examine individual areas you see detail. I
> liked the dying flowers better.

Well, I can't say that I exactly like the snow, but it's not like I
had much choice in the matter. I'm processing a shot right now of a
railroad crossing. Honestly, I'd rather be photographing Andrew's
subjects.

As to the overexposure... The sun is shining and it is a high-key
subject. I wanted to keep it a bit high-key without washing it all
out. When cranking things down, it just didn't look right and turned
to mud. But, maybe some more curves adjustments...

The 300/4.5 performed very well, but the color fringing was a bit of a
problem at 100% pixels.

AG