Re: [OM] (OM) (lens only ! ) Dying daffodils

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) (lens only ! ) Dying daffodils
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:55:13 -0500
> I don't want to seem too nit-picky, but for my taste, I'd want to see more
> detail in the brightest yellow parts of the withered petals, at the same time
> retaining all the other luminosity values including the reflections from the
> glass.

At issue in this specific case was the loss of those highlight issues
during downsizing and JPEG compression. I got a bit frustrated that no
matter what I tried, the JPEG algorithm trashed them. There were a lot
of neat, subtle colors and textures in the bright areas that just got
whacked. The larger file is just fine, though.

AG