Re: [OM] IMG: 10 more film pics now Epson Scan

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: 10 more film pics now Epson Scan
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 12:32:11 -0500
Vuescan is not for everybody, I guess. It works very well for me, but it is
quite quirky.

I'm using it on the scanner of my Canon all-in-one and the Nikon Coolscan
V-ED.

It took me a while, but I now get such high-quality scans from the Nikon
software that I don't use Vuescan much except for specific one-off projects
where I'm trying to yank off the slide or negative every last ounce of image
data. To each his/her own, but Nikonscan is actually a very good piece of
software and is super reliable.

The latest versions of Vuescan have definitely addressed some of the quirks
with the Nikon scanner which made it almost unusable for most applications.
The frame-alignment thing on strips of negatives is still the one thing it
chokes horribly on, though. When it comes to color management of the film,
Vuescan is awesome!

AG