Re: [OM] (OM) OT Music programs

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Music programs
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 02:02:24 +1300
Moose wrote
> On 3/28/2011 5:34 PM, Brian Swale wrote:
> > . . .
> > The one I am most interested in was composed by Fiala in the 1700's.
> >
> > I have managed to track down a miniature photographic copy (
> > Microfiche), which is held at the University of Iowa courtesy Prof
> > Loxman, and there is another copy - probably an original, in Germany.
> >
> > The CD was played by a Polish Orchestra, and the oboists was Goritzki.
> >
> > I have purchased a sheet music copy of the reduction of the composition
> > to Oboe and piano, done by Prof. Loxman.
>
> You don't name the piece.

Concerto in B-flat major for Oboe and Orchestra.
CD 50-9018 Claves
Also has oboe concertos by Krommer, Kalliwoda and Martinu.

The Fiala piece has compositional flaws, but is the most exciting *new*
piece of classical music i have heard in the last 10 years or more.
I don't want to bother Prof Loxman, as he must be aged about 90 now.

Brian Swale.