Re: [OM] IMG: Same Titmouse, Another Visit

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Same Titmouse, Another Visit
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 11:16:51 -0700
On 3/30/2011 8:27 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Nice one, Jim. Titmice are almost as cute as Chickadees. Do you get
> Nuthatches down your way? I like the way they hang out upside down. Also very
> cute.

We get Titmice, but without the color highlights. Just plain gray.
Our Chestnut backed Chickadees have a bit of color.
As do the Red Breasted Nuthatches.

For me, the cutest thing about these Nuthatches is the way they chatter sub
voce. They have a louder call that's
distinctive. but when a small group are hanging around (upside down, of
course), they have a busy, very quiet
vocalization. Sounds like a family or group of old friends nattering away.

Doesn't happen much at a seed feeder and can't be heard at much distance. If I
sit on the little deck near the suet
feeder, I feel like I'm eavesdropping.

Moose