Re: [OM] My weekend with the X100

Subject: Re: [OM] My weekend with the X100
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 08:38:27 +0200
Hi Ken,

Even though your post was, of course, in jest, I must disagree that
the cameras you mention are anything like a Fuji X100. The only real
candidate from the film world would be a small, metal rangefinder
camera :-) I share your feelings about the necessity of all-manual,
dedicated controls for enthusiast photographers.

Also, if Fuji just played things a bit differently, i.e. kept the X100
as sweet-looking and feeling as it currently is, but made it a micro
four thirds body instead (and still introduced that 24mm f/2 lens, but
in m4/3 mount, and maybe made it an 17mm f/2 instead to keep the same
field of view) they would literally have taken the photographic world
by storm. It could truly have been the Leica M3 for the 21st century.
The could have eaten Olympus' cake with their half-baked EP-1 and
17/2.8.

Oh well...