Re: [OM] Contax G

Subject: Re: [OM] Contax G
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 13:41:36 -0700
On 4/10/2011 5:20 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't mean to imply camera motion although that might be part
> of it and be my fault.

I didn't think you implied anything. I was just idly exploring possible causes.

> I think the low light just calls for a long
> enough exposure that subject motion intervenes.  I was going to use the
> Samsung yesterday at my grandson's model derby race.  It was outdoors
> under a tent top but the weather was gloomy and gray.  I decided I'd
> better drag out the 5D instead.  It's good I did since it ultimately
> took ISO 1600 to get a decent shutter speed at f/8 which I needed for
> DOF at 80mm.

I'd probably have done the same thing. The WB650 is for me the camera to take
everywhere and the long and wide
supplement to the G11. I have taken it along for many hours and miles where it
never came out of its case. If I know I
will be photographing something and can take a better IQ camera along, I'll
always do so.

It's valuable to remember what your alter ego would mention - WB650 DOF wide
open is greater than FF @ f8.

Wide Open Moose