Re: [OM] Anyone using an HDTV for a monitor?

Subject: Re: [OM] Anyone using an HDTV for a monitor?
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 19:46:59 -0700
On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Anyone using an HDTV for a monitor?  I might have asked this question a
> couple of years ago.  If I did I forgot the answers.  But perhaps the
> answers are different than they would have been a couple of years ago.
>
> I have a cheap 22" HDTV in the bedroom that's about two years old.  I
> recall hooking it up briefly to the computer and it seemed to be making
> a decent showing of image display.  As I recall, it's actual screen
> resolution on the computer was somewhat larger than the 1920x1080 HDTV
> resolution.  That's probably what caused me to ask the TV question back
> then if I did.  Anyhow,  while in Florida, I bought a 32" HDTV to
> replace the ancient and failing set that was in the place when we bought
> it.  I've been impressed with the color on the set and the moderately
> wide viewing angle it affords.  I suspect it might make a decent
> monitor.  But I didn't have anything to compare it against except the
> Krappy Kolor Laptop which would be unfair.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>
> I've got a Samsung P2770HD HDTV/monitor that I've been using for the past
few months. I've got no complaints, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm
also not attempting to get highly corrected color out of it. Works fine with
Fedora and is adequate to my needs for the sort of light picture editing I
normally do.. 1920x1080 resolution. My choice was one primarily based on
space requirements and multiple functions however. I wanted a way to be able
to watch some TV or a movie without dedicating more space for an actual TV
in the office.

---
Scott