[OM] [OT] Claims manufacturers make

Subject: [OM] [OT] Claims manufacturers make
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:35:29 -0700 (PDT)
The subject of how misleading manufacturer's specs comes up often on this list.

Couple of years ago, while on our favorite subject SUV's...we were talking
about the capabilities of various offroad vehicles.  Someone asked why the
Touareg hadnt been discussed, since its specs were so impressive.

Well, as with cameras, it appears that its mostly marketing hype.  This is an
honest report from a "day on the trail":

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f66/sherman-pass-jeep-trail-and-monache-meadows-difficult-and-easy-california-18843.html

Puleaze, keep in mind that this is a discussion about misleading specs...:)

Best

Boris

P.S.  I also think that the guys' shirt is cool