Re: [OM] [OT] Claims manufacturers make

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Claims manufacturers make
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 07:34:50 +1000
No, the Porsche is built in Porsche's own factory in Liepzig. What you
are likely thinking of is that VW and Porsche developed their
platform/vehicles jointly (Cayenne & Toureg). For instance, the diesel
in the Cayenne is or was a VW-developed diesel, whereas the V8 is or
was a wholly Porsche-developed unit (see also Panamera engines). A lot
of the "handling" technology (eg. PASM) is uniquely Porsche.

Currently (noting VW now owns Porsche) they are going ahead with a
sub-Cayenne SUV/"crossover"(?) vehicle called the Cajun. In its case
the expected increased sharing of development will be alongside the
Audi Q5 (also VW stable). I would suspect this "sharing" to increase,
but how much may depend on market perceptions like yours (<---not a
criticism, but rather an empathy).

Cheers,
Marc