Re: [OM] I think that I might have hit on a "Fang" this morning

Subject: Re: [OM] I think that I might have hit on a "Fang" this morning
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 18:28:31 -0500
> Flea markets are something else entirely. They are bazaars, where wheeling,
> dealing and trash talking is expected...

And specific to this fang-o-mighty, if I find a seller that SHOULD
know better, then I have no mercy. Batteries not checked? It costs
nothing to check the batteries. Had the seller done so and the camera
worked perfectly, then it wouldn't have been $20, but probably $50-60.
Had they done 30 seconds worth of research on Google, the F1.2 lens
would have had more value. This isn't a case of taking advantage of
someone's ignorance, this is a case of taking advantage of someone's
laziness.

The world of flea markets is total risk/reward for everybody involved.
My success has been pretty high with the flea market at the Dayton
Hamfest, but I usually lose out everywhere else.

AG