Re: [OM] headphones, was Mike;s houscleaning

Subject: Re: [OM] headphones, was Mike;s houscleaning
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 15:59:17 -0500
> What about the Sony 7506 (I think?) if you want closed and sealed ‘phones?
> Those seem to be *every*where in the video production world.

I haven't heard a Sony yet that I'm really pleased with. They all seem
to be a little notchy to me. I know they are good, but the sound just
doesn't sit right to my ears. My all-time favorite is still the
classic Sennheiser 580HD, but those are horrid for
sound-reinforcement. No isolation. Nada.

Ken the Rockwell recently reviewed a high-cost headphone. What he
seems to have forgotten is that there is a dramatic difference between
headphones designed for listening pleasure and headphones designed for
working a mix. With his production environment background he should
know better.

There! I've slammed KR today. All is well with the world again.

AG