Re: [OM] [OT] I'm really pissed

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] I'm really pissed
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 10:37:59 -0500
> All said, though, I enjoy my Kindle immensely. One of the reasons I went with
> Kindle is Amazon's customer service.

I'm one of those weird people who like the tactile feel of  a book and
the ability to skip back and forth in an easy manner where I can look
back and compare, etc. Even with bookmarks and search, it just isn't
the same. I love books!

That said, I have literally tens of thousands of pages of PDF manuals
on my iPad. Other than a bug where imbedded images disappear, this is
absolutely wonderful way to go. I had no less than 6 meters of manuals
at my desk which have all gone away. I'm now somewhere around 50,000
pages. It has made the iPad about half a pound heavier, though.

Another thing about books. After reading them, if they aren't
reference books, I give them away to somebody else. I believe in
passing them along. Not so easy with electronic books.

And then another factor, now that I'm on the other side. Authors don't
get paid as much for an electronic copy as a real book. Bummer!!!!!

AG