Re: [OM] How various 50mm lenses render images

Subject: Re: [OM] How various 50mm lenses render images
From: priit@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 09:34:49 +0300 (EEST)
On Sat, 23 Apr 2011, Wayne Harridge wrote:

> A couple of weeks ago I assembled a stack of "normal" lenses, adapters and
> an E-P1 to shoot a comparison to see how each lens rendered the scene I had
> set up.

<snip>

> The comparison page is here:
>
> http://lrh.structuregraphs.com/test/50mm_comparison.htm

Impressive, you have a nice collection of normal lenses :)

> Any comments welcome, in particular I'd like to know which lens you think
> has the best rendition of the subject.

Well, there are enough images to easily overwhelm a would-be judge, it
seems to come down to personal preference. However, out of that batch I'd
pick the Takumar. It does not seem to have any major annoyances in the
background, I like the warmth and at this resolution there is enough
sharpness.

Priit.