Re: [OM] Sad tales and other story lines

Subject: Re: [OM] Sad tales and other story lines
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:42:22 -0500

1. Full-frame 35mm sensor size. I will not buy another crop-sensor DSLR.

That makes two of us!

2. Image Quality. Some issues, but overall a good thing.

Yes, I don't want too much on sensor processing, so they're not for me.
That's why, as we all know, I have a D3, D700 and M9.

3. Larger support base - able to rent/borrow what I need on occasion.
This really is an issue for me and is something that I'm actually
fighting right now.

Understood.

I'm not in a hurry and will choose carefully. At this point, I see
little value in making the jump until new models come out. The 7D is a
REALLY good camera and if the 5Dmk3 is as good as the 7D, then it will
be an awesome camera to get. Otherwise, I'll look for a secondhand
1DsMk3.

My main reason for choosing Nikon is simple: I shoot mainly wide angles,
just as I did on the OM. So, since Canon can's seem to get off their
obsession with ultra long big whites, I'm out. But, enjoy! With the Sendai
plant underwater in several ways, Canon looks better!

Oh, man don't compete with Ken!

Bill Pearce