Re: [OM] Sad tales and other story lines

Subject: Re: [OM] Sad tales and other story lines
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 17:02:25 -0500
> Yes, I don't want too much on sensor processing, so they're not for me.
> That's why, as we all know, I have a D3, D700 and M9.

The M9 (or M10) does remain on my very short list, though. As you have
all come to expect from me, I'm into tactile control and other
intangibles. But that means another set of lenses (even just two) and
more stuff to lug around.

> My main reason for choosing Nikon is simple: I shoot mainly wide angles,
> just as I did on the OM. So, since Canon can's seem to get off their
> obsession with ultra long big whites, I'm out.

Canon is getting better with the wides, but still no worries as even
on the short-medium term I'm planning on using adapted Zuikos as much
as possible to not only defray the costs, but to keep the sizes down.
Modern wides are HUGE in comparison to my OM Zuiko 24/2.8. Yes, I will
be changing focus screens. Oh, and there are those new T/S lenses.
Yum!

> Oh, man don't compete with Ken!

Ken's my bud. No way would I try to do anything to compete with him.
We're almost like two peas in a pod, though. Both relatively insane
with broadcast engineering backgrounds and just ADHD enough to drive
others nuts. We both write things to instigate trouble and to get
people out of their comfort-zones. And, the fact is, that cat does
know not only photography but camera technology. But, like my
writings, you have to sort through the BS to get to the facts.

His site is a little more popular than mine, though. But I'll blame
that on the Canon/Nikon/Leica content. If he wrote just about Olympus,
he'd be as obscure as me. Well, OK, he's a little more entertaining
than me...

AG