Re: [OM] Contax G

Subject: Re: [OM] Contax G
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 09:33:02 +1000
I can't say whether it will fit the bill for you, but...

Yes, the E-PL2 shoots Olympus raw files.

Yes, it takes Olympus 4/3 lenses with an adapter.

Yes, it takes OM lenses with an adapter.

Adapters for both are made by Olympus, but there are also aftermarket
adapters available (for the above any many other lens mounts - I'm
waiting on a Leica M-mount one at the moment).

I have heard it suggested that the optional electronic viewfinder is
recommended for accurate focus (at least on the E-P2, which has an LCD
with less resolution than the E-PL2. The optional VF-2 viewfinder has
better resolution than both). Note that this uses the hotshoe of the
camera.

For more specs, try the dpreview review for the camera(s). I believe
they have comparison options available too:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympusepl2/

Cheers,
Marc