Re: [OM] Sad tales and other story lines

Subject: Re: [OM] Sad tales and other story lines
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 08:45:24 -0500
>>   And, SD cards don't make me too happy as they are too small and easily
>> dropped.
>> Seen a micro SD card ?
>
> LOL! When not installed in a device, I keep mine in a case and/or the full
> size adapters.

I keep my spares in a CF case. They rattle around, but that doesn't
seem to bother them. SD cards are smaller and I had one bout of greasy
fingers where one took flight. As I've lost a lot of feeling in my
finger-tips (CTS symptoms) it can be a little adventurous with any
memory card. In fact, I'd put loading film in an OM body to be more
onerous than juggling SD cards. It's more of a mindset issue than
anything else.

SD is the future, CF is reaching EOL, so buying cameras with CF slots
is pretty much becoming a non-issue for me. I'll keep the CF cards
around for the E-1, anyway. That camera will serve special duty for a
long time as it is essentially indestructible and has no monetary
value anyway. I can use it for higher-risk setups.

AG