Re: [OM] IMG: Rhody After the Storm

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Rhody After the Storm
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 13:43:02 -0700
On 4/28/2011 10:54 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> After yesterday's stormy weather, I went out today to see what survived.
> This fully-opened Rhododendron cluster was shining in the morning sunlight.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Rhody.jpg.html

Hey, gotta agree with Bob!

On 4/28/2011 12:46 PM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Hey, Jim, you're getting pretty good at this. Enjoyed it.

Another very bright subject without blown highlights! You are indeed getting
the hang of it. As more an academic than
artistic matter, it's still possible to bring out more tonal detail in the
rather blank white areas. The image looks
good as it is, but I couldn't resist.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Nichols/Rhody.htm>

Again, I'm not even sure I like my altered version better; just wanted to show
that one may pull out detail that is hidden.

I can't agree with Chuck. The image does show signs of extensive manipulation,
which is fine, as long as it works, as it
does in this case, but not the spikes and gaps of doing so in 8 bit. (Chuck,
did you look without the frame?)

Moose