Re: [OM] IMG: Rhody After the Storm

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Rhody After the Storm
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:33:36 -0400
I don't normally look at histograms of photos other than my own.
However, this image struck me as looking not quite smooth and I didn't
understand why.  That's when I looked at the histogram and saw what I
considered to be lots of 8-bit luminance bending due to the spikes in
the shadows and holes in the bright bits.  Maybe just my eyes or just my
monitor or both.  I accept that I'm on the outside here as no one
agrees.  It probably is past due time for a calibration.

Chuck Norcutt