Re: [OM] Video editing software suggestions?

Subject: Re: [OM] Video editing software suggestions?
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 09:00:21 +0800
I have tried both Cyberlink Powerdirector 9 and Adobe Premiere Elements 9
and don't like them. Both have little output flexibility and control (mostly
predefined). Cyberlink is too slow to run on my Core 2 Due 3.2GHz XP3
system, I thought it was hang up while it was creating background file. May
be it works faster on a 64 bit system.

Both Pinnacle Studio 15 and TMPGEnc Video Mastering Works 5 can do video
rotation.

Pinnacle has lots of video effect filters, you can create professional look
videos, its timeline control is easy to use (I have the old version 10 which
don't do video rotation). TMPGEnc has extreme quality with the best H.264
codec (X264), it is technically the best but has very few video effect
filters, I use it to trim and convert DVB HDTV files to reduce the file size
for storage (we do lots of TV recordings).

C.H.Ling