Re: [OM] (OM) OT Royal Wedding shots

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Royal Wedding shots
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 09:24:28 +0100
You are very kind, John, but I know that I have limitations :-)

It was a near-stampede down the Mall from Admiralty Arch (next to Trafalgar
Square for anyone who doesn't know London), but the police did an excellent
job.  I'm also glad that there were no "anarchists" (otherwise known as
d*ckheads) to spoil the day and make life more difficult for the plods than was
already the case.

While we were waiting, in front of Buck House, for the balcony scene, we saw a
veritable phalanx approaching from Wellington Arch, down Constitution Hill, and
we thought that we would be swamped.  But the police blended all in very
smoothly.

I've said it a couple of times, but for this admittedly sceptical old grump it
was a great day :-)

Chris

 -- Photos now at: <http://smu.gs/ikm3Kt>