Re: [OM] Star trail times [was New Kodak Portra 400]--now Palm migration

Subject: Re: [OM] Star trail times [was New Kodak Portra 400]--now Palm migration
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 22:37:56 -0300
Hi Mike,

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 7:20 PM,  <usher99@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think Jeff is correct. (Who's surprised.) You should check newer
> versons of the  Palm desktop as they may (probably) have direct
> Outlook conduits.
> http://forevergeeks.com/import-contacts-from-palm-desktop-to-iphone

Thanks for the link, Mike: never been exactly there.
But I have installed newer Palm versions (v.6. xxx ??) which promised
a smooth migration to the weird Outlook - and they failed to do so ...
:-(

One important point: contacts is not a problem: _Calendar_ *is* !.

> If you can sync with a  windoze machine or OS there is 3rd party
> software to do the heavy lifting.
>
> http://www.companionlink.com/google/
> Once everything is in google or outlook you should be OK, me thinks.
> One friend used this for his Droid and it went well,
> except a few recurrent events in the calender, IIRC.

Right now, I loaned my Palm device and doubt if I'll have it back soon.
Again, thanks for the link, I've never been there.

> My nephew synced my brother's palm desktop to his i-phone w/o 3rd party
> software.  I think he went A to B to C to I-phone.
> some recurrent events were not right but everything else was good. Nice
> to have in-house IT. I can ping him, if it would be helpful.

I sweared not to buy an iPhone ever in my life, but if I were
absolutely sure that would do the magic thing, I might reconsider my
decision.
But it must be the only way to go through.

> No need to sue or snit,

I hope so ... I've been trapped here since 2006.
At least I was able to migrate the .dba from MacOS Classic to XP ...

>Mike

Thanks, Mike. May I email you when I have my craddle back, if I ever
manage to do so?

Fernando.