Re: [OM] Definition of "Normal" (Re: Panasonic 20mm am I mad)

Subject: Re: [OM] Definition of "Normal" (Re: Panasonic 20mm am I mad)
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 09:28:44 -0700
> All this does is to match the "focal length" of the viewing system.  It says
> nothing about what normal is.
Normal I suppose is a relative concept. The viewing system in this case
is the human eye. I thought that that was the "normal" we are talking
about. I guess I assume too much. So I guess my definition of _normal_
would be, "as seen by the human eye"  YMMV of course.

> but get something close to 70mm.
Then perhaps the effect of digital viewfinder crop or magnification is
more than I thought and indeed significant. The result would be a skew
to a longer FL. I'll try it again with an OM. If I remember from the
hazy past I came up with about 55m on my OM1.

Mike