[OM] Vacation Packing - Another Attempt at Futility

Subject: [OM] Vacation Packing - Another Attempt at Futility
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:18:16 -0400 (EDT)
Welcome to my world, Ken! I've been debating the film vs digital vacation
choices for years. Whenever I'm able to take both, I wind up looking and/or
feeling like an idiot lugging all that gear along. It takes up more room in
the  vehicle than my suitcase does.  Don't forget that Murphy's Law will
undoubtedly come into playalso. When I choose to take either film or digital,
It  never fails that I find some photo subject that I'm convinced needs
whatever format I left at home in order to do it justice, or if I'm slow or
fumbling and miss a shot, I'll say I should have had the (film or digital)
P&S with me instead!

The decision to spend more on gas and be comfortable is the way to go. Your
 dilemma sounds like what the newspapers were all harping on a year ago
with  their doom and gloom predictions about how people were going to cut back
on  family vacations because of the added gasoline cost and hotels and
businesses  were going to go out of business. But when you read further on in
the
articles  and apply some common sense, it's all a bunch of drivel. The
people that  they polled for the article stated they were spending on average,
about  $2,000 for a week for a stay at the Jersey shore,(hotels/motels/
meals/amusements, etc)  and the added increased gas cost amounted to  about $40
more per trip. Does that sound like a deal breaker? Not to me it  doesn't.

The Jeep can also get you to more photo ops than the Prius can  anyway.

George