Re: [OM] Vacation Packing - Another Attempt at Futility

Subject: Re: [OM] Vacation Packing - Another Attempt at Futility
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 15:18:53 -0500
> It  never fails that I find some photo subject that I'm convinced needs
> whatever format I left at home in order to do it justice, or if I'm slow or
> fumbling and miss a shot, I'll say I should have had the (film or digital)
> P&S with me instead!

Why is it that the more restricted my choices, the better the results?
When I have unlimited focal lengths I tend to adjust the lens rather
than my shooting position and I end up with a weaker photo. Also, when
I have, say, two rectangles to choose from I see the world through
those two rectangles.

That doesn't mean I want to take just two lenses, though. I'd have to
subject this poor list with my hand-wringing over which ones to pick.
Been there, done that.

> The Jeep can also get you to more photo ops than the Prius can  anyway.

Yup!  It's the ultimate OM-hauler.

AG