Re: [OM] Definition of "Normal"

Subject: Re: [OM] Definition of "Normal"
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 20:20:05 -0400
This is basically what I said in my *very first* post on this subject
quoting the Wiki article here:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_lens> which says in part:
A lens with a focal length about equal to the diagonal size of the film
or sensor format is known as a normal lens; its angle of view is similar
to the angle subtended by a large-enough print viewed at a typical
viewing distance equal to the print diagonal; this angle of view is
about 53° diagonally.
I suspect no one actually read it.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt