Re: [OM] (IMG) dans Le Théâtre du Grand-Guignol

Subject: Re: [OM] (IMG) dans Le Théâtre du Grand-Guignol
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 06:51:03 -0400
Exactly. The photographer has the flash of perception that alerts him or her to
the possibility of an engaging image. The later viewer is afforded an
opportunity to experience something akin to that flash of perception, but it
really isn't the same thing at all.

When I was a kid in western North Carolina, I used to go fishing. Fished until
I realized I didn't have to carry all that crap around just to sit on a rock by
the river and watch the water go by. <g> Now, I carry a bunch of camera crap
around to capture images, but the important part is the seeing, and to see, you
have to be there. No image, no matter how wonderfully rendered, is a substitute
for being there at the flash of perception. IMHO, of course.

--Bob