Re: [OM] Fence + Green Grass = Myth

Subject: Re: [OM] Fence + Green Grass = Myth
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 16:03:30 -0700
On 5/16/2011 10:45 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Take the Jeep and all the gear.  As I commented earlier today I went to
> the Northeast Classic Car Museum recently and, in order to travel light,
> took only my Samsung P&S.  I was sorry very soon after I got there.

Yeah, that's NOT the Sammy's forte. I've taken some excellent museum shots with
the F10/30 and G11, but wouldn't even
try it with the WB650.

A lot of museum stuff can get by with modest DOF. A car museum is much tougher.
Last one I was in was tough even with
5D. They used lighting for dramatic effect, so parts of a car would be much
brighter than others in many cases and it
was just plain dim in some parts.

Curatorial Moose